Saturday, February 07, 2009

 

Riot in Korean Apartment Complex


My first You Tube video; Hopefully I'll get better at it eventually.

My wife and I live in an apartment complex in Chuncheon, South Korea. The day before our wedding (and the day after my parents arrived from Tennessee to attend) the union workers at the apartment rioted against employment practices, giving Mom and Dad a good look at how union negotiations work here.

At about the 35 seconds, the union brings out a pipe that they promptly put to use. A little past the minute mark the employers begin using smoke (or maybe fire extinguishers) to retaliate. At just before the 3 minute point, I ask my dad what he thinks of life in Korea.

I suppose it's a lot to take in a day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]