Tuesday, January 06, 2009

 

Resolved, This Body Will...

I started both 2006 and 2007 with lofty goals for the New Year, usually involving trying harder to learn Korean, to exercise more and to finally get that book written. The SDA teaching schedule made those things clearly impossibility less than a week later.

Last year, as a textbook editor with an easier schedule, I still narrowed my focus: I was engaged and enrolled in Korean classes by then, so resolutions in those areas seemed unnecessary. Instead, I vowed only to read the whole Bible in a year, and I succeeded.

I know a lot more Korean than I used to, and I'm married now, but I still have a couple of goals.

They are:

1) Get my wife to read the Bible more. She will read along with me before going to sleep, but I want her to get in the habit of reading by herself, especially on days when I can't be with her.

2) Find a form of exercise that doesn't hurt. After a year in which I injured my shoulder lifting weights, hurt my knees running and severely injured my ankle playing tennis, I'm still looking for something to do regularly. Lots of people say swimming is good, but that's really not practical for me.

That's all I really have for now. There are still writing projects I hope to finish and Korean to be learned, but saying any more than this may just be embarrassing later ...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]